Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Heidi Thompson is the founder of Evolve Your Wedding Business where she specializes in business and marketing strategy for wedding professionals. She helps wedding professionals grow their businesses and reach their goals without going crazy in the process. Her business & marketing expertise has been featured on several wedding and business outlets including The Huffington Post, Social Media Examiner, Wedding Business Magazine, Sprouting Photographer, Photo Biz Xposed & she’s an advisory board member for the UK Academy Of Wedding & Event Planning.
I want to give a huge thank you to Heidi for taking the time to chat with us! I consider myself as much a student as the listening audience, and appreciate her sharing her extensive knowledge with us.
In this interview, we discuss:
- Communicating the benefits and values, as opposed to the features
- Example of communicating your value: “8 hours of coverage so that [insert benefit here].”
- Analyzing your past “perfect” clients, and know where their clients are, email marketing
- Blogging regularly: Sit down and make a list of the most common questions, their concerns, things you’d wish your clients would ask.
- Being fiercely protective of your time, scheduling meetings with yourself
- Being realistic about the amount of items we put on our to-do list
- Batching tasks
- Undervaluing in mindset and pricing
- If you’re looking to outsource your photo editing, then Photographer’s Edit and ShootdotEdit are high quality services that do just that.
- Denise Duffield-Thomas, the Money Mindset Mentor
- If your goal is to grow & improve your wedding business, be sure to pick up Heidi’s free Email Marketing Services Comparison Guide and get started with email marketing today!
- You can also join her and lots of other wedding professionals just like you in The Evolve Your Wedding Business Facebook Community.