Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Beth has been doing professional photography editing and outsourcing for the past 8 years, and has been doing it full-time since 2014. Or 2015. She forgets. 🙂 Anyway, she loves her job and working with amazing and talented artists around the world, all while sitting at home at her computer drinking whiskey and not having to wear pants on the daily. She currently lives in a mid-sized city North of the Wall (aka, Wisconsin) with two roommates and her pet lizard, Goober, who keeps her company while she works and tolerates the dumb songs Beth sings to her all day….every day.
From the Pro Photographer Journey Podcast:
We want to give a huge thank you to Beth for taking the time to chat with us! We consider ourselves students as the listening audience, and appreciate her sharing her extensive knowledge with us.
In this interview, we discuss:
- To follow your passion or find the middle ground
- Maintaining an enjoyable, sustainable lifestyle
- Growing your business once you have more time freed up
- Thinking like a business person and running a sustainable business
- Changing your mindset so that you’re running your business like your business
- Relinquishing control
- The traits of the most successful photographers that Beth encounters
- The workflow involved with outsourcing photo editing
- Fitting your business around your life instead of the reverse
- Beth uses the Motibodo keyboard for editing in Lightroom