LISTEN TO THE AUDIO INTERVIEW:
Kevin La Rue is a long-time senior product and marketing manager in the field of consumer and Internet software, specializing the last 10 years in the photography field. He joined Macphun in mid-2013, and prior worked with Nik Software in San Diego, California. Over nearly 7 years, La Rue worked as marketing manager at Google/Nik Software, driving the entire marketing mix of offline and digital marketing activities in support of the company’s professional photographic software products.
La Rue has a BSBA degree from the University of Arizona and was an inaugural graduate of the Karl Eller Center for Entrepreneurial Studies Honors Program. He has a passion for family, photography, motorcycles and travel.
I want to give a huge thank you to Kevin for taking the time to chat with us! I consider myself as much a student as the listening audience, and appreciate him sharing his extensive knowledge.
In this interview, we discuss:
- Standing out with your photographic style
- Marketing tips to get yourself noticed
- How to overcome the challenges we face running our photography business when everyone seems to call themself a photographer
- Getting out of your comfort zone
- ASKING for what you want (imagine that!)
And here are some links we discuss:
- Link to Elia’s blog post/video for Adobe LR Mobile HERE: (the video is super-cool and only about 3 minutes long; well worth the watch!)
- Tim Tadder Water Wigs:
- Lara Zankoul’s “Zoo” photo: Astridle.deviantart.com/art/The-zoo-397858926
Kevin Can Be Found At:
» www.MacPhun.com: Powerful photo editing software for Mac.
» Kevin’s Blog can be found at: Klarue.blogspot.com
» Kevin’s Instagram handle is @klarue