LISTEN TO THE AUDIO INTERVIEW:
Dan Waters has been a professional wedding and portrait photographer for 8 years and is the co-founder of GetProPhotoClub.com where he helps turn photographers into savvy entrepreneurs. He was a marketing professional for around 17 years and used those skills to find and book high quality clients despite living in a low income city.
He was voted one of the top 10 breakthrough wedding photographers by Hitched.co.uk and Photo Professional Magazine in 2014. His ManKIND project is a mission to do a random act of kindness for someone from (or with heritage from) every country in the world.
I want to give a huge thank you to Dan for taking the time to chat with us! I consider myself as much a student as the listening audience, and appreciate him sharing his extensive knowledge.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How words persuade potential clients. It can be an “unfair advantage”.
- The challenge of time management
- Becoming complacent when you have enough business coming in
- How he books 89% of weddings when people meeting with him. It’s a series of small decisions.
- The concept behind his decision not to have his prices on his website, with the goal being to get the person to call and on his email campaign.
- Building a relationship with your potential wedding clients through a series of small steps.
- Proselect Software Sales Tool
Dan has offered us a hefty discount off of his Complete System for Running a Successful Portrait Business (normally £39.99, or $60.00 USD)
If you use the code “CHAMIRA“, you get £10 (that’s $10.49 USD at the time of this interview) off of his complete system for running a successful portrait business. Learn more here.