Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Scott Lawrence is a full time headshot photographer based in Rochester, MI. His mission is to help people find the jobs they deserve and to help companies connect with their ideal clients and customers. He works primarily with local professionals and small to medium sized businesses. In Michigan a little over a year now, Scott managed to successfully relocate his business from the Chicago suburbs. Prior to running his own business, Scott spent over a decade in the corporate world.
From the Pro Photographer Journey Podcast:
We want to give a huge thank you to Scott for taking the time to chat with us! We consider ourselves students as the listening audience, and appreciate him sharing his extensive knowledge with us.
In this interview, we discuss:
– how Scott built his photography business from the ground up
– how he built a peer network among his fellow photographers to get constant referrals
– how he used a specific photo session as a marketing strategy
– the simple things that can make photographers stand out – and yet we often forget to do these simple things!
– the benefits of identifying your specialty and carving out your niche in your area
– how he uses blogging to increase his website’s SEO power
– using networking events to get more clients
– Strobist.com: great resource about light
– Coursera.org: great online education resource
Scott can be found at:
» Instagram and Facebook: @ScottLawrencePhoto
Photo Credit: Peter Hurley Photography