Drew Gurian is a New York City based celebrity and lifestyle photographer. He has photographed a variety of personalities including Kendrick Lamar, the cast of The Hunger Games, and President Barack Obama in the White House. He even has a selfie with Bo, the former First Dog.
From the Pro Photographer Journey Podcast:
We want to give a huge thank you to Drew for taking the time to chat with us! We consider ourselves students as the listening audience, and appreciate him sharing his extensive knowledge with us.
In this interview, we discuss:
- how he worked his way up as an intern to eventually shooting well-known celebrities
- the elements of persistence in his photography career
- the importance of having a distraction-free website
- the simple way of finding an internship
- the significance of keeping your portfolio updated online
- balancing your time when running a photography business
- the individualized approach to building relationships with industry contacts
- simply being likable and authentic without being pushy
PhotoShelter gives people and organizations easy ways to manage their photos – from delivering, storing, selling, sharing – all from one place. Their platform offers simple and smart ways to share, store, deliver and sell your highest quality work. They handle the biggest files and solve some of the biggest business challenges for professional photographers.
Get social! Follow PhotoShelter online:
- PhotoShelter Blog
- PhotoShelter on Twitter
- PhotoShelter on Facebook
- PhotoShelter on Instagram Stories
Drew can be found at:
- @DrewGurian on Twitter and Instagram
Photo credit: Robert Caplin