Experienced celebrity photographer and film director Jesse Dittmar joins us in today’s info-packed interview!
Jesse is a celebrity portrait artist who has been published in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Time, New York Magazine, People and many more. He has photographed advertising campaigns for Apple, Wheels Up, New York Presbyterian Hospital and others. In a nutshell, he takes portraits of people who are affecting the world: artists, activists, journalists, athletes, politicians, musicians, and regular people too.
In this interview, we tackle the following topics:
- How Jesse got started as a photography
- The struggles he faced when trying to gain traction in his business
- The role relationship-building played in his success
- Why every photographers should take their business seriously (many don’t!)
- Tips for building your portfolio
- The importance of identifying your clients’ needs
- Having vision in your business
- Embracing who you are, and incorporating that into your business
- The important role curiosity plays
Connect with Jesse online: