Today wedding and portrait photographer Rhea Whitney joins us! Rhea is a wedding photographer, coach, and educator that teaches rising pro photographers how to run a profitable photography business. In less than 8+ years, she has taken her business to 6 figures consistently by dominating her market, building a consistent brand presence, and strategic marketing.
Her work has been featured in many national publications such as BRIDE, The Knot and Munaluchi Bridal. Rhea has become one of the most sought out photographers in her industry and has a passion for teaching other photographers how to build a highly visible brand too. She does this through 1:1 coaching and her digital courses within her education platform, PhotoBomb Academy™, where she’s helped over 50 rising pro photographers build a solid photography business that generates consistent revenue.
In this interview, we tackle the following topics:
- How Rhea got started as a wedding photographer.
- What she struggled with (and learned!) as she got her business up and running
- How has the pandemic changed the way she runs her business
- Why we should consider niching down as photographers
- Practical Instagram marketing strategies for photographers and creatives
- What the KLT factor is and it can be beneficial to every photography business