Plotaverse co-founder, Troy Christopher Plota, is an award winning Professional Photographer for over 30 years. His work has appeared in top magazines including Vanity Fair, GQ, Rolling Stone, and many more. His Advertising work has also appeared on dozens of billboards in New York’s Times Square, as well as on the Vegas strip. He has photographed dozens of celebrities like Heidi Klum, Usher, Mariah Carey, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and many more.
Troy’s family immigrated to the U.S. from Europe. As a first generation American, Troy carries the name, Plota, with pride. His grandparents had fearlessly risked their lives to create new opportunities for him and his family. Entrepreneurship runs in Troy’s blood. At the age of 13, Troy picked up his first camera and started shooting. Finally, at the age of 21, he opened the doors to his own studio. Being a Tech entrepreneur turned out to be much different in nature than running a Photography Studio. Plunging into the App business, Troy quickly realized that his 30 year experience as a professional Photographer gave him a vital edge over his competition, excelling him to the forefront of Technology. Troy’s latest creation is the Digital Sharing platform, “Plotaverse”, which also features his award winning Photo Animation App, “Plotagraph.” It became the only App featured in the Apple Store for the release of the iPhone X. In 2013 Troy gave a Ted Talk titled “The Future of Photography.” Troy is on a mission to share his knowledge with the Industry and push boundaries with his unique, first to market software creation. He believes that Plotaverse not only brings something new to the trade, but it gives Artists a raised caliber of tools to which only professionals had access to. The range of Plotaverse’s dynamic apps enables artists to express their creativity with never seen before techniques, and helps monetize their passions for Motion Art and Photography.
In this interview, we tackle the following topics:
- How Troy got started as a photographer and transitioned into motion art
- The importance of relationship building in getting your career off the ground
- Some of the struggles Troy faced a he got his photography business up and running
- How to stand out as a photographer amongst the sea of photographers these days
- The benefits of incorporating the concept of “animation” into your photography
- How can artists monetize their passion
- How to 20x the value of your images
- Troy’s upcoming series “The World of Motion Art“on Plotaverse and Youtube
- The Chase Jarvis Live Show as a great resource for photographers